Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Days off are great.

Having two days off from work, (or rather having only a limited amount of work, all of which could be done from outside the office), I headed "home" to my parents' house in San Diego. Much good food was eaten, much laundry was washed, and much remodeling was done to the van.

Pictures soon, I promise. I'll have time over the weekend to do a proper post detailing all the changes, but the short of it is one of the two backseats was taken out (the other still being used as half of the bed), and a brand new plastic drawer from Target put in its place. I am ridiculously pleased by this plastic drawer. It fits into the space just perfectly, swallowed the stacks of clothing I'm planning to take with me, and still has plenty of room. In fact, I haven't finished packing everything back up yet for the next three weeks in Los Angeles, (have to come back on the 20th for jury duty), but I am quite pleased with the free space in the van so far.

Makes me a bit less worried about the state of the van once I leave Los Angeles and actually start "TRAVELING."

I have however, taken out most of the camping stuff and put it in a box to stay at home. It's an acknowledgment of the realities of what the next couple months will be. No proper campgrounds for me. Just urban camping.

You know you're grown up when you walk into your parents' house and think to yourself, "this smells like grandma's house."

Thanks to this morning's washing, my van now smells like citrus.

1 comment:

グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう